- Hard banding is the process for the application of heavy metal band on drill pipe, drill collar, heavy weight drill pipe and other downhole components.
- Hard band is used as a type of wear protection on drilling components, to increase the life of the tools and help to reduce overall cost of replacement.
- Direction goals, providing Mobile hard banding services for more cost-effective maintenance for tubulars without transportation costs and etc
Hard banding is most commonly applied to the box and pin tool joint of dill pipes and heavy weight drill pipes using a MIG welding process. Is a specially designed machine which auto weld hard banding on drill pipes, heavy weight drill pipes tool joints, drill collars, BHA tools and other used tools in drilling application including the center wear pads. Our system offers a complete solution and is fully equipped with latest technology and is ready to provide hard banding service. Currently Direction Goals hard bands applied using GMAW (gas metal arc weld) welding process a mobile hard banding units, for help to reducing the overall transport costs and tubular handling costs.
We licensed by: world leading hard band solutions companies,
- Ultraband nm (NON MAG)
Hard Banding can be sub-categorized into :
This is the process of re-application hard banding on drill pipe tool joints, collars, heavy weight drill pipe and other BHA components to protect drill string assets from wear. It consists of some processes.
- Goughing / Removal Process
- Buildup / Soft Banding Process
- Hard Banding Process
- Final Process
This is the process of re-banding hard drill on drill pipe, tool joints, collars, heavy weight drill pipe and other BHA components to protect drill string assets from wear.